mlandis

For some reason, whenever I see a picture that is a specific example of single-point or two-point perspective, the picture looks unnatural in how strictly it adheres to that single point perspective. It's hard to describe but everything looks unnaturally straight, like the lines wouldn't quite converge this much in real life. I don't notice this in games at all unless I turn my FOV setting all the way to the max. Am I hallucinating or is this an explained phenomenon?

sarukkai

I generally find the images in three-point perspective to feel much more compelling--having all of the vertical lines be parallel in two-point perspective makes things feel a bit weird. The fact that most lines are not completely straight in real-life (the horizon, roads, etc.) also probably contributes to how examples such as this picture or certain video games look less realistic--do you feel as though this problem exists in more realistic paintings? I'm not quire sure why you see the same thing in video games because those should not be rendered in either single-point or two-point perspective.